Friday, June 30, 2006

What a Surprise!

I was so surprised Wednesday night. I wasn't surprised that I was going to the concert so much but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! BUT before I talk about it I must say this: DAMN YOU EB , DAMN YOU TO HELL !!! *winks at EB* I say this because she posted some YouTube videos of one of my secret musical addictions. I must have listened to those videos about a dozen times each. Yes it is Eva Cassidy!! Click here and give them a listen!! Let me tell you there is just something about her voice and her music that just does something to me on the inside. Well 2 of those videos are my top favorite songs by Eva, my other favorite being Songbird.

OK enough about the emotional Slider!!! I went to the INXS/Scott Stapp concert the other day. I am not a big fan of their music but I have to say this I really enjoyed myself, hell I was in the 7th row! Scott Stapp did some old Creed music and a little of his new stuff and he really sounded pretty good! I did not care for all the preaching he did after his 2nd song but all in all I enjoyed his performance!!

As for INXS, I was never really a big fan and I never watched that TV show where they were looking for their new lead singer! Yeah I know the guy's name is JD. How could I forget now, I had 4 little girls screaming "I LOVE YOU JD" sitting right behind me through the whole show.

ANYWAYS, I really loved their show. They came out playing "Suicide Blonde" and ended the show with "Don't Change". Both songs sounded fucking awesome and every song in between them sounded just as good!! I would definitely recommend that if any of you get the chance to see INXS in concert go ahead and do it! You will not be disappointed! You can argue all you want but JD sounds just as good as Michael on the older INXS songs. So here is a video of my favorite song from the concert performed by the original line-up!!



I hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!!! I know Slider will, I am off for 5 days without taking any vacation time!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Manny said...

Hellooo.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Blondage said...

LOL Tragic!!!!!!

Awwwwww Sweetpea.........Songbird.......*melts in a puddle*.........

I love you, my crazy man....

6:03 PM  
Blogger Blondage said...

PS....JD is HAWWWWWWWWT!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

Tragic: check him out he is not bad that bad at all!! And I will!! *winks*

manny: howdy!!

EB: *winks* JD is not THAT HAAWT :P

7:27 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

BS, have I got it wrong? Didn't Eva Cassidy die of cancer? I have seen footage over here a few months ago, she has an exceptional voice.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

suze: you are correct. A sad story but yes she does an exceptional voice!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Dee Jour said...

Each time I see Micheal Hutchence, hear him, I do miss him.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home