Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Kiss My Ass Mother Nature !

She tried to kill my weekend but no go! It was raining most of Friday night and it kept on going as the concert started on Saturday . But I just pulled my pants down and showed her my ass!! When the first band HURT opened the festival on the side stage in the pouring rain there I was front and center rocking out!

Let me tell you HURT only played for 25 minutes (which is standard for the open acts of the festival) but they put on one hell of a performance!! It was great. Next I walked over to the main stage where Buckcherry was the opening act there. Thank the Lord the main stage is covered so I was briefly out of the rain. I really enjoyed their performance especially "Crazy Bitch". Next I walked back out into the pouring rain to watch Bril. They were good and by now I was so soaked that it didn't matter now if it rained the rest of the day. So piss off Mother Nature, rain all you want!


From there I went back over to the main stage to watch Blue October! They were amazing. This was their first show since the lead singer broke his leg. HE was not ready to come back, it took him forever to get on and off stage plus after his performance I heard they took him to the hospital in an ambulance because he was in such pain. Now let me tell you this THEY WERE THE BEST PERFORMANCE for me at that festival. Although they played the shortest set they sounded fucking awesome. I could only imagine how great they would sound if the lead singer was completely healthy!

I had to leave for part of the show so I ended up missing 3 bands (Huck Johns, Candlebox, & People in Planes) but I atleast I was able to dry off and make it back for Evans Blue. Since I showed Mother Nature my ass which she must have liked because it was no longer raining and it stayed that way for the rest of the evening. F-ing A !!!!!

Trapt and Hinder both kicked some ass and I really enjoyed listening to "Get Stoned" live. The crowd just went insane for that song!

10 Years was the final performance on the side stage and they were awesome! I really liked just about everything they play! Right before them was Shinedown. They sounded awesome in everything that they performed. The one thing that I did not like was that the lead talks way too damn much during their performances. I'd rather see a band come out and rock it . Maybe talk to the crowd a little bit but DAMN he talked way too much. But they sounded really good and I enjoyed their performance!

Hoobastank was pretty good although I really do not listen to them all that much. I give them big props though for letting 3 Days Grace perform a couple of songs during their set !! (I forgot to mention 3 Days Grace couldn't make it to the venue on time due to the weather).

As for Staind, they were just fucking great!!! They did a cover of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" that was just amazing. They performed "Devil" which is my favorite song off of their new album and EB's favorite "Everything Changes". They ended their performance with "Mudshovel"!!!!! This was my second time seeing Staind live and I will go see them over and over again without hesitation.

I do not get home until about 2 am and I was so pumped that I didn't fall asleep until about 4 am. Then I woke up about 8 am and couldn't go back to sleep! OH well and once again it was pouring rain! So now I had to make a big decision about wether or not I was going to go see the country act Rascal Flatts. Well lets put it this was I do not care for their music but it was raining and then there were going to be wet cowgirls there!!! So HELL YEAH I was went and I enjoyed the scenery very much! LOL I also didn't get how until about 1 am that night but you know what I didn't care even though I had to work the next day. It was well worth it and I would do it again *grins*

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!

Wet cowgirls are definitely hot!! ;) LOL

7:27 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Wow! You were busy and it sounds like you had a blast. Good for you!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

Cowgirl: Yes they are and it was a really great time!!

LL: yes it was very busy but well worth it!! It was great!

7:34 PM  
Blogger da buttah said...

i adore that "hurt song" :)

you live in houston?! say hi to my brother!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Everything Nice said...

I had no idea candlebox still played dude, seriously.

Second damn that Hinder band... i like lips of an angel myself...

Okay, now listen it wasn't very nice to make me go click on that picture of your ass because I couldn't shake the visual long enough to enjoy what you said about staind!!!

How can I hear a version of that Comfortably Numb remake?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Blondage said...

I saw your hiney on the internet again! *giggling*

That was such a great time.

I agree about Blue October. They were fan-frikkin-tastic. You should post those close up pics we got of Justin!!! *purrrrrrr*

3:23 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

da buttah: yeah I like Rapture but the other stuff on their album is as good and some even better!!!


EN: I didn't know Candlebox did either till they were announced! Hinder played "Lips of an Angel" and it was actually pretty good! LOL sorry EN I hope I didn't cause too many disturbing images *smirks* and I wish I knew where to find that song Staind covered!


Tragic: *grins* no need to be jealous I just got lucky enough to see the show


EB: Who's hiney? And I am not obsessed with him *winks at EB* so I prolly won't post a close up

3:38 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

Hi, my name is Mother Nature...can I get another peek of your hiney?? *grin*

3:59 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

le chat qui a peur: LMAO *winks*

sugar: *waves* hell yeah it was definitely awesome!! just wish it didn't rain so bad in the beginning!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

OMG!! Stain'd puts on such a wicked show! So does Three Days Grace & Hoobastank!! I've seen them each twice!

I'm so jealous that you got to see Blue October!
Sounds like that was a kickass night!!!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

miss lissa: It was one hell of a concert!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home