Monday, June 12, 2006

My Dirty Little Secret

This weekend has been a YouTube frenzy when I have been on the computer. That site is just frikkin insane when it comes to finding video shit. Anyways onto that little secret about me that many of you didn't know.

BROADWAY MUSICAL THEATER !!!!!

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *screams a little boy cowering in the corner*

yep and I will admit, if it wasn't for EB I probably would have never seen a show. But now I have seen about 30 different shows and some of them multiple times!!

I don't know what it is but if the music appeals to me then more than likely I am going to enjoy the show. My very first musical was Phantom of the Opera and now I have seen this show atleast 6-7 times. I even got the chance one time to watch the first act from the side of stage, it was pretty neat!! Sitting here writing this post I can't even recall all the ones that I have seen but I can list a few of my favorites that I would see over and over again!

1) Jekyll and Hyde
2) Les Miserables
3) Rent
4) Jane Eyre
5) Phantom of the Opera
6) Urinetown
7) Into the Woods
8) The Civil War
9) Beauty and the Beast
10) Man of La Mancha

There are so many more but I really cannot think of them right now. So there you have it, my dirty little secret. *winks*

OK so here is my one of my favorite songs from my favorite musical!!! The quality is so so but live this song is just amazing!!!



OK EB stop drooling !!!! *smirks*

13 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

I have always wanted to see a good musical. That was an awesome song and clip. Thanks!!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Blondage said...

I can't believe you "came out"!!!! LOL!!!!!

I couldn't begin to name all the shows I have dragged....errr....I mean taken....you to.

OMG! You posted a clip of Chuck Wagner for me?!?!?!?!?! I love you I love you I love you!!!!!!!!

I can't believe you didn't spit. (inside joke) ;)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

I have never seen a show. I would have liked to have Cats when it was running.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Blondage said...

*watches "Hyde" molest "Lucy" again, drools*

3:12 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

leigh: I recommend anyone on this list I posted BUT how good it is also has to do with who is in the cast and directing it!

Suze: huh? *winks* I actually saw Les Miserable, The Lion King, and Blood Brothers over in London :)

EB: *spits*

3:55 PM  
Blogger Fame said...

My ex was NEVER a broadway show type of guy, he was weight lifting and golf. That was him, then I begged him to see a show with me when it came to town. He agreed. We saw 42nd Street. There were actually 5 of us that went, one girlfriend of mine. We were sitting next to each other and started to chat about something in the show...and my ex he shhhhh's us. He was amazed and loved it. This started our "is there a show you want to see" conversations, which meant is there a musical we can see coming to town soon?? Aww the secrets of men! HAHAHA!

6:05 PM  
Blogger John Doe said...

I have been a "musical man" since I was 11 and I've gotten Jane into it as well!!!

If you like Stephen Lynch, check out the wedding singer!

Are you a true musical theatre buff? Did you watch the Tony's last night?

Cheers!
~John

6:38 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

Fame: heh that is pretty much how I got started. I usually just come out and tell EB which shows I want to see. She also knows which shows I will not like and 97.5% of the time will not expect me to go with her. :))))

John: I wish that I could check out the Wedding Singer but I will not be going to NY anytime soon. Hopefully it will be on our tour next season!! I wouldn't say that I am a buff. I watched most of the Tony's last night but to tell you the truth there weren't many musicals that I really wanted to see except for The Wedding Singer and The Pajama Game. I wouldn't mind seeing the play The History Boys either. EB says the Jersey Boys might be good but I do not know much about that except that it is about the Four Seasons.

As for what is currently on Broadway that I would like to see are Wicked and Spamalot.

I can say this. The one musical that I am dying to see but haven't had the chance to is Miss Saigon. I just hope I get the chance to one day.

7:52 PM  
Blogger John Doe said...

You and Jane would get along wonderfully then! Miss Saigon was her dream show and she got to see it last year! Ditto on PJ's and Wicked.

Cheers!
~John

5:22 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

OOOH!! I get to share a dirty little secret with backdoor slider? Excellent!!

I'm headed to NY next week to see Beauty and The Beast...I can't wait!!

I saw Mamma Mia last year...AWESOME!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

becca: damn I am jealous....I want to get back to NY but haven't had the chance lately....I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

John: I am sure we would John :))

3:15 AM  
Blogger Blondage said...

Mmmmmm......I love Miss Saigon....I have seen it more times than I can count.

*grin*

8:48 PM  
Blogger Tara Tainton said...

You should keep things like that to yourself..... No! ;) Really, I've seen a couple as well. Definitely want to expose my tough-guy lover to a few and I know he'll enjoy them.

I've seen Rent and always loved Guys and Dolls. ;)

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home