Monday, July 10, 2006

What song is it you wanna hear ?

Oh hell fucking yeah! Skynyrd fucking rocks live. If you have never seen Lynyrd Skynyrd live then you have to because they know how to put on a good show! I have been listening to Skynyrd since I shot out of the womb. I had a cassette tape given to me when I was 8. Practically my whole family listens to these guys and owns multiple albums.

I can still listen to any of their songs and still love the song as if it was the first time I heard it. So everybody lets sing along. This is a video that was taken on July 4, 1977. It gave me some chills know that the plane crash that killed Ronnie VanZant, Steve Gaines, and his sister Cassie (who was one of the backing vocals) was October 17, 1977.

This is for you guys. So What song is it you wanna hear ?


With the exception of Shooter Jennings (who was really good) the rest of the acts that I saw this weekend sucked ass (3 Doors Down and Fiona). But I am not going to dwell on them instead lets enjoy Skynyrd.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting this up...F*cking awesome way to start a day at the office. Gotta say, I've been an LS fan since I understood what music was, too.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Everything Nice said...

I was three when that plane crashed. My parents wept....

and then they smoked a joint.

:) Right on man, way to rock my Tuesday!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

How I played their album to death during my rock chick days. ;)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I would love to be able to go back in time to be able to be there. Could you imagine the energy there. Thanks for sharing.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

Tragic: hmm I may just have to look into that. Thanks!

felicity: They are pretty frikkin awesome aren't they!!

EN: I know my mom did. It was sad sad day but their music lives on. I don't think I'll ever get tired of Skynyrd

Suze: Rock chick days!!! *grins evilly and save mental image*

leigh: I could only imagine. I vaguely remember seeing the original line-up when I was 5!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

I played simple man by request for one of my readers. I am always the drunken asshole at the back of the bar yelling "PLAY SOME SKYNARD!!!

....and they always do.

NOW...you and the evil one come and shout out. It's tuesday damnit.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

Melanaise: hell YEAH! Turn it up! *cue sweet home alabama*

8:45 PM  
Blogger Dee Jour said...

This is one of my favorite songs.

Ahhh, back when music was music.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

anastasia: I do agree and it is one badass song

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home